Tuesday, January 10, 2012

How long is my daughter contagious with strep after starting antibiotics if she still has a fever?

My daughter has strep (again!) and has been on antibiotics for 24 hours now, she has a slight fever (been no higher than 101.4) and she says she feels absolutely fine. Will she still be contagious with the fever even though everyone says they usually aren't after 24 hours of antibiotics? I know it can take up to 48 hours, to really work, but is it possible that it may take more time? I'm just frustrated, this is the 4th case (2 for her, 1 for her sister and i'm just finishing meds for mine) of strep since Thanksgiving.....I'm trying to disinfect the house and was wondering when I can stop religiously spraying and wiping things down that she touches...

No comments:

Post a Comment